Brenda Quaiver joined the Longevity Medical team as a Licensed Massage Therapist in 2015.
Her 20+ years of experience includes techniques such as Oncology Massage, Swedish Massage for Relaxation, Lymphatic Drainage and Decongestant Physiotherapy, Reflexology, Neuromuscular Therapy, and Pregnancy Massage. In addition, Brenda has many years of specialized experience in Deep Tissue Therapy, placing attention on deep scar tissue to provide mobilization and reduce pain.
Brenda began working as a volunteer at multiple hospice facilities and cancer centers; massaging necks, hands and feet for patients undergoing treatments. She then worked at Hilton hotels and, in collaboration with Gayle MacDonald, MS, LMT, author of Healing Hands, established the “Soft Touch” Program, and trained staff on the guidelines and therapy protocols for guests with cancer or in remission.
Since then, she has continued to work with cancer patients and those with chronic illnesses to comfort, nurture and support them through treatment. She continues to increase her education and keep her skills sharpened attending periodic Continuing Education Courses. Her unique combination of therapy techniques are built into each session based on the specific needs of the patient, providing a healing that can match no other.
Brenda loves all modalities of being a massage therapist, but her focus is working with Doctors and their patients and making a real difference in their lives with the gift of touch. In her spare time, she volunteers at a local equine therapy facility called Horse’s Help, and loves spending time with her husband and their family.
At Longevity Medical Health Center we offer several different types of massage therapy. Massages can be scheduled for either 50 or 80 minutes, and can also be combined with sauna therapy in our infrared sauna to maximize the healing potential. Some of the most sought after types of massage therapy include:
- Swedish Massage
- A deeply relaxing massage that uses light to medium pressure to relieve muscle tension and stress from the mind. Swedish massage promotes healing, relieves pain and tension, and releases feel good hormones helping to release stress.
- Deep Tissue/ Therapeutic Massage
- This therapy uses medium to deep pressure to facilitate relief from tense, tight muscles. It is good for pain relief, recovery from injuries, and chronic muscle tension. Trigger point therapy and stretching is often used during this massage. Specific treatments are also available for headaches and low back pain.
- Pregnancy Massage
- Supportive, nurturing, and deeply relaxing, this massage is all about comforting the mom to be. This full body treatment uses light to medium pressure to relieve discomfort in the neck and shoulders, low back, and legs and feet promoting deep relaxation and stress reduction.
- Lymphatic Drainage
- A light, rhythmic touch is applied to the skin’s surface to stimulate the movement of the fluid within the lymphatic system. This therapy improves your immune system function, helps the body rid itself of toxins, and clears congestion and edema. This type of massage is often combined with sauna therapy to increase the detoxifying effects.
- Reflexology is the application of pressure to areas on the feet, hands and ears. Reflexology is generally relaxing and may be an effective way to alleviate stress, but more recent studies by the National Cancer Institute and the National Institutes of Health indicate that reflexology may reduce pain and psychological symptoms, such as anxiety and depression, and enhance relaxation and sleep. Studies also show that reflexology may have benefits in palliative care of people with cancer.
- **This service can be add onto any of the above massage therapy sessions. Additional fees may apply.
- Cancer Healing Massage
- Cancer patient have their own unique medical concerns and require a special approach when it comes to massage therapy. Our therapist blends certain therapies to provide the patient with a unique therapy session according to the patient’s needs. Whether it’s lymphatic therapy, pain management, stress reduction, scar therapies, or simply “me time” that is needed, we can provide that sanctuary of healing when it’s needed the most.
Please contact our office for more details about our massage services and to schedule your appointment with our therapist.